Thursday, October 14, 2010

They Call Me Mellow Yellow....

... 

Today was the day. The day that I decided to try making Jewel some leggings. I used some yellow stretchy material that I actually didn't have enough of, in case the leggings didn't fit or didn't turn out. BUT- alas! They turned out!!!!! They turned out SO CUTE!!!!! I had to change the "pattern"  (pattern= tracing of her other leggings that we got at Target), but it worked. Jewel's leggings have a cuff on the bottom and a grey band at the waist (I told you I didn't have enough). But the next pair will just be normal with all the same color. Can't wait til tomorrows nap time.



Oh and did I mention that I made her a shirt to match? Yes... it didn't turn out exactly as I planned. It was going to be a tank top dress, but I made the top WAY too small. Like, small enough that it wouldn't fit over her head!!!! So, I had to figure out a way to fix it and make it fit. Luckily for me, it turned out even cuter than I had intended! Not quite fall-ish... but I LOVE IT!!!!

Please excuse the pictures, which were taken by my phone, and  the mess of our house. Its kinda hard to get my little model to sit still.... maybe I should take some pics JUST of the clothes.







No comments:

Post a Comment