Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shoe Maker, Shoe Maker...

....Make me some shoes!


 Ever since Jewel started walking, soft baby walking shoes have been on my mind. But only one pair was in my budget. So, I have been daydreaming of and looking at tons of those ADORABLE baby boots. You know the kind, the ones that look like baby UGGS.

And yesterday, I made my daydreaming reality. I began my venture as a shoe maker. While I was out running errands, I stopped by Joannes and got some material. Some fuzzy wuzzy furry kind and some vinyl for the sole. After Jewel went to bed I traced out the sole of her shoes we bought her, and I began cutting. Boy was it fun!!!! That is, until I started messing up Right and Left.

First I cut the sole wrong, then I sewed the 3 Right footed boots. Which wouldn't have been so bad, had I intended to do so. But no, the last two were supposed to be Left footed. =) And when I finally managed a Left footed boot, I realized I sewed the sole on reverse side. UGH!!!! My seam ripper became my best friend last night, and I gained a new appreciation for patterns---- something which I was lacking in my venture.

After my long run of trial and errors, I finally got two pair of boots. And I must say, I am quite happy with the outcome. I think this may be the beginning of a long friendship with shoe making.






You may call me Cobbler Brigitte!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! You are so talented! I'd love a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoe maker, Shoe maker make me a shoe, make me a shoe. sounds musical to me. great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brigitte, this is Pam on Eric's computer. We love the Uggs! You are amazing :) Jewel is so lucky to have such a creative Mom!

    ReplyDelete