Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Fall, kind of.

Fall has come, supposedly. And with it has come, a few days of rain, followed by more heat. After having lived in So Cal for 5 years, I should be used to the lack of Fall. But, alas- I am not. I am somewhat saddened when I look outside and there are no orange trees and it is still 89 (yes, I just checked weather.com) degrees.

Even though the weather refuses to cooperate with my Fall wishes, I have decided that Jewel's wardrobe will! Over the past few months, I have been purchasing some different "Fall-esk" material. Of course, with intentions to make Jewel some fun little Fall outfits. Today I finally sat down and whipped up a little skirt for our little Jewel! It's a very simple gathered skirt with an elastic waistband. At first, it was greatly lacking in visual interest, so I sewed on some felt flowers. I think it's a good start to her fall clothing collection.... 

....Now to make a shirt that compliments.

3 comments: