Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Little Gifts from God

So yesterday I went to the 99cent store while the hubby was meeting with someone. I had been reading on different blogs of "finds" people get at the Dollar store. And although I do frequent the 99cent store, I haven't really searched for "finds" recently. So, that is what I intended to do! And BOY HOWDY did I find things! Well, not so much I found things- but I'm convinced that the Lord put these things there for me! I've been trying to figure out how to give our little cottage a "make-over" on a very limited budget... and there have been some things I've thought of that I would like, but didn't think I'd be able to buy. But God was so kind to me by putting them at the store for 99.99 cents each! THANK YOU!!!!!

Here is my list of what I had been dreaming of and how the Lord made it a reality!

* Wallpaper border that matches Jewel's room--- it is about 15 DOLLARS for one little roll. And since I have wanted it to modge podge with and decorate with, I knew I couldn't spend that. But what do you know, there was ONE LONE roll of stripes that match her decor perfectly!

*Wall phrase/verse decals (you know- the kind that come off- since we can't paint)--- I found exactly that!!!! FOUR DIFFERENT KIND!!!

*New kitchen things to spice it up--- there were these adorable flowered print oven mits (3 total) that were exactly what I was thinking of! It takes my colors (red, white, yellow, and blue) and adds some spice!

*Wood placks to modge podge verses onto for Jewels room- I found just that! They have other weird pictures on them right now, but I dont even have to paint the edges, just add some paper and verses and modge podge! Hurray!

*Pictures for the kitchen (I wanted something to match and possibly have a coffe theme)--- and yet again, EXACTLY that! Four wall plaques that are my colors and are coffee themed! LOVE it!


Thank you Jesus for my fun house decor at a price I can afford!

I will post and update showing how they end up soon...

1 comment:

  1. What fun finds.... :) I really like the stripey border wall paper.

    ReplyDelete