Friday, April 9, 2010

Farming in the So Cal?!?!

So, it has always been my dream to have a HUGE veggie garden. But- our living situation right now does not exactly lend itself to such dreams. I am however, doing my best with what I have. And yesterday I planted some little sprouted veggie seedlings into the ground. It was very exciting! And some of our seeds have started coming up too! We still have to prep the dirt for the rest of the seeds and get them planted (hopefully this Sunday).... but we are well on our way to having a not so huge veggie garden. Right now we have Squash, bell peppers, red lettuce, radishes and carrots coming up. HURRAY!!! Cant wait to get the green beans and peas and normal lettuce and tomatoes in... and whatever else we have seeds for. I can't express how much I love this venture! And Jewel loved it too. She sat watching me work in her Bumbo for a bit.... before I moved her a bit farther away into the shade. I mean, I don't my poor daughter to have to suffer sunburns! But here she is playing farmer....

No comments:

Post a Comment