Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blessed are the feet...

One of the gifts Jewel received when she was born was a cute little Longaberger basket.


This gift from Nana and Papa was intended to get Jewel's footprint when she was a BABY. And although she is still a baby, she is getting much older (5 days shy of 5 MONTHS!!!). But the other day while I was at the 99cent store (remember?) I saw a crafting ink pad. SO- today we finally did it!


 Jewel and I sat down and had a blast putting her foot prints on the lid of her basket. And since I'm trying to get better at documenting, I took some pictures. (In fact, I found the camera, the memory card, and battery -all in separate places- and assembled it into a functioning camera).







Her cute little feet were so clean before the process......... 
But even after some very thorough cleaning, those little tooties remain tinted blue.

But it was well worth it. Now her little basket is adorned with what was intended... foot prints!

I'm very glad I took some pictures... My documenting will hopefully only continue to get better from here!

3 comments:

  1. Good Job! The first time I tried to handprint and footprint my kids I ended up with acrylic paint all over me, Brynn, the carpet, and my new pjs that someone had just given me. Needles to say, I went with stamping ink the next times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike you for being so terribly creative. Sigh.....maybe one day I won't have to go to an office to work and do all kinds of cool things like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papa says good follow through

    ReplyDelete