Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not All Of Us Have Style....

..... but that doesn't mean we can't try.

I am one of those people.

I don't think of myself as having original style. I am not one who see's a piece and can in an instance think of the PERFECT outfit with ease: including earings, necklaces, rings, nail polish color, hair style, shoes, pants... etc. In fact, even when I am standing in front of my closet trying to find something to wear, it literally PAINS me to think of wearing any matching jewelry other than my "push present" necklace, whatever stud earrings are in my ears at that moment (that most likely don't match my necklace, since I don't have diamond studs (yet- I have faith), nor do I have anything else that is the same stone as my necklace), my promise ring and wedding ring.

I seriously envy people with creative spirits when it comes to mixing and matching outfits. My sister is one of those people. And sometimes her ability to put together such a fun and funky outfit just makes me ill. (Sorry sis, its true)

Now, I am not saying I have NO STYLE AT ALL... I've pretty much got the classic look down. Boring solid color shirts and pants. An occasional print here and there. And my other style I've got down is quite the opposite of classic.... HIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I love tye-die and Burks and cut offs. I'm a hippie at heart. (Maybe that's why I love garage sales and thrift stores). Oh, and I can easily put together an outfit seen from a magazine (especially if I buy that EXACT outfit, which I have done multiple times throughout my life)

But I am lacking in creative juices to create awesome, funky, fun, mis-matched while completely working outfits out of thin air. ........ But that doesn't mean I don't try.....

Lately I've been trying to put together things that I normally wouldn't. We'll see how that goes. I still lie on the very conservative side. (Especially as most of my closet lends itself to either hippie or classic). So, every once in a while I will post my outfits so all you dear souls can either laugh at me or commend me on my efforts.


ENJOY!!!!

Cord Jacket- Gap, like 6 years ago
Top- Foot Fetish, AZ, 
Jeans- Citizens of Humanity
Shoes- thrifted Steve Madden-$2

3 comments:

  1. Hottie patottie :)

    I like it! The jacket is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well I mostly live in sweats so don't be jealous or ill. Cute! I want to see what the top looks like without the jacket someday. And skinny Citizens? I want some! The thrifted shoes look super cute with skinny jeans. Fab job, sister! And your mirror is much better for outfit pics than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! I think it would be super cute with some big yellow necklace or bangle bracelet. In fact, I thought of you when I went to Goodwill and tried to find one (no luck! but I'll keep looking!) Keep doing this because I need the help too! I want to pull off hippie but I don't know how. So can you do that next? :-)

    ReplyDelete