Monday, June 15, 2009

Baby Catch- Up

I can't believe it has been a month since I've posted anything! Well, actually, I can. Lots has happened.
Let's catch up a bit
Well, this was the end of my 4th year- not graduating year, mind you- at The Master's College. School ended the first week of May and the last few weeks were spent:
completing my vocal recital (five weeks prego)
finishing classes and Majesty's local weekend touring (around week 8 or 9 or so)
packing up our little guest house to move into a new apartment... and getting our first ultrasound picture. (according the to the doctors measurements of baby Short, nine weeks on the dot) The day after graduation Chorale left for a 3 week tour overseas. This trip consisted of 2 weeks in Israel and 1 week in Italy. Although it was very fun, but somewhat difficult for a pregnant girl allergic to dairy and egg to find enough food at the right times. It was in Israel that I had my first incident of "nope, my body won't let me eat that". I realized there were some very quick reflexes in my body to remove the unwanted food from my mouth that I had no idea existed. It was quite frightening for my dear friends. So, I basically lived on peanut butter and some form of bread, potatoes, rice and whatever fruit I could find in Israel. What a great "food" experience. Next time I go over there, I will not be pregnant if I have anything to say about it! Haha. Italy was worse for the allergies but we did have a guide who saw to my every need. What a sweet man! When the rest of the group got pizza, I repeatedly got steak and grilled veggies! Oh the joys of a more developed country!!! The most exciting thing that happened in Italy was getting searched by the "Secret Policia: Italia". Yes, apparently I look like a very troublesome young person. Let me explain- as I was leaving a store with two of my dear girlfriends, the store alarm went off (like when the girl at the register forgets to remove the security device from your new blouse). I was surprised by the sound and talking I heard, so I turned around... there she was. The Secret Police lady. Talking very quickly and excitedly in Italian at me. I had no idea what she was saying so she showed me her badge repeatedly and dragged me back in the store. She insisted on looking through my bag, every last pocket of it, mumbleing the whole time about "cosmetica". When she finally decided I was clean she said "ok" and then pointed to the door and made some gesture like a phone and said "picture". I was allowed to leave, but I assume they got it all on video. What an experience that was!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a day that was with the secret police!!! What memories! and I like the photo with the three of us, you should put some up on FB. I miss you and I think that you should post more preggo pictures!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete