Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mothers Day to Me!

Mother's Day this year was very nice. I felt very loved and special. Yay!  Hubby and I celebrated on Thursday as he found out that he would have to leave on a work trip for Sunday night. We had steak dinner, he brought me a dozen roses, and Starbucks!!! It was a very nice relaxing night! Then Friday night his brother (in the airforce) happened to be picking up and flying an aerobatic plane across the country for a friend and was able to land in town and surprise his mom. So we had a great weekend of family fun. I ALMOST got my first aerobatic ride, but the plane stalled right before we look off. We were literally at the end of the runway about to go up. HA! Glad it did the stalling on take-off and not the landing. (Apparently the engine was complaining about the mix of low RPMs, heat, and high altitude.... but don't worry it got all worked out later) And then Sunday was a relaxing day filled with sleeping in, skipping church (eeeeeekk!!!!), hemming some pants for Robert to take on his trip, playing outside and putting together my mother's day gift...... A Garden!!!! Or rather, a box to put my garden in! I was/am super duper excited about it! We are renting a house with a rock backyard, so my garden has been non-existant. SO SAD!!!! But now! NOW I get to plant my veggies and hopefully see some fruits (or veggies rather) of our labors! And the best part? When we move (hopefully in July.... another story for another time), we can take this box apart very easily. 

Go ahead, take a look at my garden box.... soon it will have all sorts of goodness coming out of it!


What an adorable gardener in the making! 


I hope your Mother's Day was as good as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment