Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What is fuzzy and white with green spots?

Jewel's new sweatshirt, that's what!!! Today I used an old, half cut up sweatshirt of mine to create a "new" sweatshirt for Jewel. It was quite an accomplishment for me, because I have been absolutely terrified of making anything with sleeves... not to mention I had to make a hood too. But, it was a great success! With no pattern, it was left up to my "creativity". =) Jewel was very good at self-entertaining while I was sewing her sweatshirt. I am convinced it's because she knew it was something for her. She was super excited to try it on. So cute! THAT makes sewing even more fun for me!!!! The "ruffles" took the longest, its not that easy to gather them with sweatshirt strips. But they were necessary to cover up some stains and holes. Haha. And even with the added time, they look adorable, if I do say so myself. No one would ever know that they truly HAVE to be there.

Ok- after all my blabbering, here are two pictures. Taken with the handy dandy cell phone, of course.





2 comments: