Friday, August 12, 2011

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE....

...with crock pot oat groats!

I made them for the first time the other day. I was trying to find a solution to the fact that neither the hubby nor I were wanting to make a hot breakfast in the morning. Which left him without nourishment and starving by lunch. Well, it is a solution I LOVE!!!!

All you have to do is pull out the old crock pot. Put 6 1/2 cups of water, 1 1/2 cup oat groats (the least processed human-edible form of oats), and a cinnamon stick. Then turn that pot on low for 6-7 hours. In the morning you have delish oats to eat! I added some brown sugar and broken up walnuts in. YUM! They also reheat wonderfully! We don't have a microwave (yes, by choice) and they heat up great on the stove with a little water added.

You really should give it a try.... my life just got so much easier!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really, really, really yummy!!! Will have to give it a try! Where do you get "Groats" by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. I think I got them at Whole Foods in the bulk section? or I bet Oliver's has them. Madre loves them, and would know too. =) I only wish I had a garage so I could really buy them by BUULK and store them in a sealed container.... all 50 lbs of them. Haha.

    ReplyDelete