Tuesday, February 15, 2011

God's blessings by means of thrift stores.

Today I went thrift store shopping. Again. And I picked up some amazing deals. Each a fun little blessing.

It's always so cool when God provides. And it happens so many different ways. Sometimes I don't realize and sometimes it is SO obvious. Today was one of those obvious times. While at The Salvation Army, I was searching in the Rick Rack section, and I found two cloth diapers. They were brand new, and looked decent, but I called my husband at work to have him look them up. Just to make sure they weren't super cheapo's. What he found was acceptable, so I took them. Yes, we left with two cloth diapers. I was kind of laughing to myself in the car, thinking how random it was to find two unused diapers... but then I realized. WAIT A MINUTE!!! I was JUST praying about the wisest way for us to get diapers for baby #2. We use cloth, and over time, it is a HUGE savings. But up front it is pretty pricey. And this is part of God's answer. He is providing. How cool is that?!?! The diapers are GroVia, and those are the EXACT ones I found, pattern and all. What a cool blessing to find them for 2.29 a pop rather than the 24.95!!!

Also, as I was leaving The Salvation Army, I looked through the frames- as I often do. Normally I find nothing, but this time there was this AMAZING HUGE FRAME!!!! It is wonderful and I instantly fell in love. I've been wanting a fun frame to put over our bed, and what a cool blessing to find it at the thrift store for only $7!!!

Then I headed to Goodwill.  And what would I find there? MORE blessings!!!! The worker just wheeled out a new cart, and what was on it? Yes, a Singer Quantumlock 4 (just like below). I have been looking at them for a long time on places like Craigslist, hoping and praying to find one I could afford. BUUUT, even at $250-$300 on CL, it's still too steep for me. This one, with the manual and everything included, was only $40!!!! I have yet to make sure it works properly (they are supposed to test them), but I have 7 days for that. And it would probably be cheaper for me to get it fixed, if it doesn't work than to buy one.


Needless to say, I felt quite blessed. Thank you God for all these fun finds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment