Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ah Blessed Morning Sickness

It finally hit. I woke up on Saturday (7 weeks) and felt the pangs of the acid stomach and iron mouth.  Thankfully, I don't get bad morning sickness. Really not much at all compared to SO MANY women. (I send you women my prayers) And this time it is being even milder than before. But what can I say, I still don't enjoy the small amount I DO get.

I have been craving meat, bread, and all things starch and carbs. Yeah- pretty much the horrible foods that you should be eating in moderation I want to eat in MASS AMOUNTS!!!! And that is quite opposite of how I normally eat. I am usually a fruits and veggies girl (well, with meat... I love it. I could NEVER be a vegetarian)

But last night, I was feeling the worst I have felt, maybe close to the worst I've felt from last time or this time.... and I was texting my mother. (yes, I was too lazy to call).  I told her how I felt, what I was eating and that I can tell my body wants something... I just can't figure out what it is! And apparently her natural doctor told her that bread/sugar and protein make morning sickness worse. CRAZY!!!! I have never heard that before, but I figured today I would try it out. I would try  to eat more veggies and fruits and grains and not snack on the breads, no matter how much I wanted them.

And, I am pleased to say that I feel much better. I had plain oatmeal with cut up apple in it for breakfast, with water. I had very thin sliced bread for my chicken breast sandwhich.... piled high with spinach, tomato, and onion for lunch. I then had an orange as a snack..... (my lunch came around 10:30.... haha. it's only 12:45 and i'm already past snacktime!) And I've been trying to drink tons of water!

I am pleased with the outcome of my healthier eating today, and I think I will try again tomorrow.

GOOD BYE BREAD AND CARBS!!!! HELLO FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!!!

1 comment:

  1. eh- Robin doesn't know everything. I was eating super healthy when I was preggo and the stuff that made me feel sick was veggies and fruit, but the crappy food didn't. but I'm glad it's working for you!

    ReplyDelete