Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Who doesn't want to have their cake an eat it too?

I have been crafting more and more as of late.... and I LOVE it! I love making them, I love giving them, I love receiving them! Crafts, that is! I think it all started with making peoples presents for Christmas last year. Now I've been making birthday gifts, baby shower gifts, wedding gifts. So wonderful..... I think- lets hope that those receiving the gifts think so as well. I have been taking pictures as I make things, with the grand idea of posting them. One of the more recent gifts I made was for our sweet friend Linnea, turning 1. I realize that the gift was a bit above her age right now (she can only play with parts of it) but the idea was that she can start with whatever she is allowed and then grow into the rest. It was quite fun making it, with some unexpected hick-up from lack of proper planning on my part. Next time it will go much smoother (or so I hope).

Here are some pics. Excuse the quality--- we were on our way out the house when I insisted my husband take some pics with the camera on his phone. He did great, but I never saw the pictures before we left.. =)

I modge podged over an old formula can (washed out, of course) to house the decorations for the cake.


















All of the layers of cake can be taken apart into individual pieces. They are color coded with the "fill frosting" so that you can tell what pieces go together to make a layer. And then there are a bunch of ways to decorate. 


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I can't believe I have missed your blog for this long...I am going to follow you now so I can check in on you and your darling family! Hope you are well! Make sure you stop by my blog too! You are super duper crafty love all the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Bri. Yeah- I love all of your show findings. If we lived closer, you can bet I would be a faithful customer!

    ReplyDelete