Friday, August 27, 2010

Garage Sale Junkie

So I need to admit that I have a problem. I LOVE GARAGE SALES!!!! I simply can't get enough of other peoples junk! I have found some of my most prized possessions at garage sales, not to mention many a gift. And I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am getting to go "treasure hunting" tomoro morning.

Growing up, there was a very distinct garage sale season, and it wasn't a very long season. Here, there is also a season, but it is all year long! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Here are two of my favorite finds over the past few weeks:
-Bread maker (who wants to buy a brand new one? especially when you are just testing it out whether you
 will like using it or not)
-Childrens books for Jewel.
-PJ's and other misc clothes for Jewel. (she SERIOUSLY needed some cooler PJ's since we live in an area
  which is consistently in the 80-100's)
-Plastic baby pool for the Jewel to play in (for 50 cents, I might add... SCORE!)
-Vintage light blue type writer (still works)
-Wool Gap coat/poncho (who know's when I'll get to wear it.... but it's lovely and I can even wear it if we get pregnant again soon!)
-presents for the ma and the sis (sorry, its a secret)

AND the best two buys of all???????????

-my new sewing table (supposedly a refurbished  antique phone table)

-my WONDERFUL beauty of a slalom ski!!!!!!!



WELP, can't wait to see what tomorro holds!!!! Go and enjoy yourself while digging through other peoples junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment