Tuesday, August 24, 2010

finally

.... about a week or so ago, I decided that I REALLY needed to update the blog..... Clearly it did not happen. Not from lack of trying, but for lack of a working brain. I fear my brain left when I got pregnant with Jewel, and it may never return. My sad story is that I tried and tried to get into the blog, so I could post... but I couldn't come up with the correct password, name combo. I just remembered it yesterday, so I thought I should take advantage while I could.

SUMMER

This summer has been a great summer, filled with fun, laughter, blessings, and lot of traveling.

We have had the opportunity and resources to go to the Sequoia National Forest and see many a bear (even getting woken by our traveling buddies when one was about 2 feet from our heads), Clear Lake (with the family and where Jewel went on her first of MANY MANY MANY boat rides... she loved it!), visit family in central Cali, a conference in Vegas, and visit friends within a couple hours of us on a regular basis. We have been SO thankful for how well Jewel travels and adapts to different situations.

We have been blessed with seeing our little girl grow up before our eyes. This summer she has gone from sitting to  crawling to standing and clapping to walking with a bit of help. She has started eating finger foods and has started waving a bit. She has also said "mama", "dada", and "baba". And although she is only just turning 9 months this week, she has completely skipped that size clothing, going straight for 12 month. It seems like just yesterday that we were holding her in our arms for the first time. Time has gone by so quickly, but we are so thankful for her, and pray every day that God would bring our little girl into His kingdom.

We have also aquired a kitty cat within the last few weeks. Bell is such a sweet kitty and although she wants to be indoors, she gets to stay outdoors and chase lizards, rabbits, gofers, and mice. She has adjusted very well and quickly from her home in Central Cali to here.... and we are thankful.

We also have had the experience of having our very own garden. And it has FLOURISHED!!!! Squash, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Radishes, and Tomatoes coming out our ears. I have been babying a Cucumber Plant and three Green Bean vines (all from seed).... hopefully soon I can put them in the ground and they will produce.

I have also gotten a lot more into crafting/ sewing/ creating. I was given a new sewing machine from my parents for walking in May, and it has spurred me on. I have had such a fun time making presents and shower gifts. Repurposing and making clothes for Jewel. AH!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

As the summer wraps up and the new school year starts, we have much to be thankful for, and much to look forward to. The Lord has been a faithful Father and Provider and we can't wait to see all He has in store in the time  to come.

*and I'll try to get some pictures up soon!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so glad to see an update!! Pictures soon will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT ABOUT THE AIRSHOW?!?!?! AND WHY NO PICTURES?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! :) We need to go garage sale-ing together. And, we should work on some sewing and crafting! :) Apparently, we're a lot alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and...can you follow me and/or add me to your blog roll? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! ha ha... now I need to update! So great to hear from you. Sounds like you've had a fantastic summer! Praise the Lord. Miss u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this blogpost was made possible due to the traveling buddies who scared off the bear & saved your lives!

    ReplyDelete