Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I have decided...

... that I WILL post more regularly! No, really- I know I say it every time I post, but this time you can hold me to it. It is just unfortunate, really. I have so much I could be putting on here: stories of Jewel, pictures, things that will get forgotten unless documented. And since I am sooo very horrible with Jewel's baby book- this will be the documentation.
The past is behind us, many future posts await us.
Jewel has been growing and growing lately- as has my awareness of my own sinfulness. Its amazing this how having a child sanctifies you. Now, I know EEEVERYONE says that, but its a whole other ball game when it becomes reality. Thank you, Lord, for this little sinner you have put in my care to grow me to be more like Jesus.
Onto Jewel's most recent accomplishments---
She has been sporatically rolling over for about a month now (since month 2). She rolled over twice in a row last Saturday, I believe? It's so cute because she is sooooooooooo very happy when she gets it and sooooooooo very frustrated when she can't. Its times like that where we start to really see her personality showing through. I think we may have a little sassy perfectionist on our hands.
She has also recently learned to laugh. It was neat because her first laugh was last Thursday (the 26th of February, I believe) while I was talking to mom, aka-Nanna, on the phone. So, even though we aren't able to live near them right now, she was still able to hear the first laugh. And yesterday I found a laugh spot. I was blowing raspberry kisses on her cheeks and she was just giggling up a STORM! SOOOO cute. The first laugh was more raspy, but these were the adorable little giggles! Fun, Fun, Fun.
And, last but not least- little miss sass is starting to learn how to throw a tantrum. Oh the joys! And what great fun that will be to start disciplining. She was sitting in the bouncy and I was on the phone while doing the dishes... apparently I was not paying enough attention to her, because she squealed just a little louder and kicked her legs and then looked at me. As if that was supposed to make me pay attention to her? HA!
*Dear, precious little Jewel- We love you, but you will soon learn that mommy and daddy will not tolerate tantrums like that. And its best you find out now, that they will actually work against you rather than for you. We will be working on cultivating Christ honoring actions rather than sinful, selfish ones. Love, Mommy*

1 comment:

  1. Good job!
    Dear Jewel, you can come over anytime and I will spoil you rotten!!!! I will sugar you up, give you loud and obnoxious toys to take home and then send you on your way.
    Love,
    Auntie Angie

    ReplyDelete