Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Still Waiting

Soooo, it is Nov 17. No baby yet. The official due date is this Friday, Nov 20. I would LOOOVE to have our little child by then! This is such a fun waiting game. I am starting to wonder if I am going to be pregnant for the rest of my life~ for more reasons than one. Well, let me do a quick recap of the last few weeks, and then I'll start my rantings. RECAP: -Baby Shower My lovely, dear friend Angie hosted it for me. It was on Halloween day afternoon, so the theme was a fitting "Our Li' Pumpkin". Michelle's husband, another great friend, is going through culinary school right now, so he made some tasty little sandwiches shaped like pumpkins and a berry cobbler that was to die for! And best thing? Totally edible for me!!!! What a great guy! It was the perfect, quaint little shower in Angie's beautiful new home! Friends, Fun, Food and a great Devotional... what more could a girl ask for? And I got some awesome presents too! - Photo Shoot The same dear friend who threw my shower, also took some great "baby belly pics" for us. I'm so glad she was willing! She did an absolutely wonderful job! And best thing? She did it for free!!!!! Could she be any more wonderful?! We love how they turned out. Here are a few favorites of Hubby, Me and Baby. RANTINGS Now I would say it is fair to say that I am seriously wondering if I'll ever go into labor. Why, you ask? You aren't even to your due date, you say..... WELL- 1) My mom was 2 weeks late with me, 3 weeks with my sister. If I follow in those footsteps, I could have a few more weeks left! 2) People say you are supposed to be horribly uncomfortable before the baby comes. And, to be completely honest. I am not. I have been very blessed this pregnancy, Praise the Lord, and by no means am I complaining. But, if this discomfort is supposed to overtake me, well..... I am wondering if it ever will and if I will ever have the baby. 3) I have not been the normal pregnant person these past 9/10 months.... my hormones for the most part have been very even keel, I've been able to be very active, and haven't had crazy cravings (I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've actually had cravings). This leads me to wonder, does my body know its pregnant? Does it REALLY know its supposed to go into labor around this time? Haha. Now, I'm not being very serious at all... but the thought has crossed my mind. BUUUUUUUUUT- nice thing is, I'm getting a lot done. I'm able to clean, and clean. And yesterday was a fun filled day of repurposing some clothing. I have been told I need to blog about all I made yesterday. But that will come later, as I have to take pictures of the items (and I just don't really feel like doing that right now). So, later it will be. But I will tell you what I made. I had two looooooooong skirts that I had gotten from the Thrift Store last year to wear on our trip to Israel. I made those skirts into dresses, and then I made two little baby pants (size 3 months). I would make other baby clothes, but I don't know what we are having yet. So clearly I will have some fun days of repurposing coming up in the (hopefully) near future!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You made the skirts into dresses!?!?! So neat!! I love you my creative friend. I am looking forward to not being in school anymore so I can work on DIY projects and neato things. Praying for you and I love you!

    You are doing so well, and so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete