Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Due Dates, Due Dates, Due Dates

Does anyone really know when a child will enter the world? Other than God? I think not... and yet it seems that we spend nearly the whole 9 months of a pregnancy guessing. We have already gotten 3 different due dates. Our first due date was Nov 8, which would have been cool seeing as it is (Aunt) Meredith Short's b-day, Sean Draper's b-day, and our very own Grandma Mittelstadt's day of birth.
But now, after going to our first ultrasound appointment, it seems that is incorrect and the doctor measured little Baby Short as 1 inch exactly on Friday the 17th. And since all babys grow at EXACTLY the same rate in the womb, or so it would appear, our baby measured exactly 9 weeks. That gives us our second due date of Nov 22, I believe. Thanksgiving baby!
Yet, still, I found some conflicting information in a calendar of mine here at home, and from this information, which I deem most reliable, we get the third due date: Nov 17!!!!

Yes, looking at family history from both sides I have no idea what to expect. Pam carried each of the boys 8 months exactly. Now, one wonders, was the their cycle or hers? I don't know. And my mom let us stay in there and bake a little more. I was two weeks late, and unfortunatly my weight of 9lb's 15 oz made her pay a bit. So, what will our childs baking time be? When will it pop its head into the world and say, HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!? Only time will tell, but feel free to guess!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo happy you used that title! I thought it was rather clever myself! Now instead of me bugging you by email, I will be checking in on this blog!!!!!
    Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete