Thursday, October 20, 2011

Human Milk Cow


Nursing, Nursing, Nursing....

I hear it's a full time job. And I'm starting to believe it. With Jewel I went the way of scheduled feedings.... it didn't work out well. About 5 months in she was completely on the bottle. So this time I decided to do some hard core on demand nursing. And hard core it is! I feel like little Rose is just hungry all the time! Such a difference! But I can already tell its working better this time around. Which I am praising God about! 

And everyone says nursing is such a sweet time.... but it comes with its struggles for me. I am a "get it done" kinda person. I love projects and I love completing them! So when I have a baby who is forcing me to sit constantly, not letting me do projects, and eat more than I want, I feel that I'm not getting much accomplished! Butas my wise mother said, the key is adjusting my expectations. I have to find other ways to accomplish things.

 And thus- my accomplishment list looks more like this right now:
* Make sure I'm in the WORD every day... I have no more excuses as I'm stuck here, sitting down. 
* Figure out how to play with Jewel while stuck on the couch
* Meal plan easy meals for when I can cook again
* Find as many freebees online as I can and sign up for them. 
* Learn to crochet and make Christmas gifts
* Read a bunch of FlyLady and understand how her "15 minutes a day" system works and how it will make my house less cluttered
* Organize the house in my head so when the time comes, I will know what to do.

Different than my normal list, but effective none the less in it's own way.

So here's to being a Human Milk Cow! May my sitting be prosperous and may my little Rose get fat! 

1 comment:

  1. you could make toe puppets to keep her occupied while you are nursing. :) Toe puppets on YOU!

    I am working on organizing right now. not organizing. CLEANING PACKING SCRUBBING. *tired*

    ReplyDelete